As you know I have served on the Neighborhood Council Valley Village Board of Directors for many years now. I am running for re-election on March 20 and hope that I can count on your vote.
Tonight’s NCVV board meeting will introduce all candidates running for election. Please join us at 6:30, Faith Presbyterian Church, 5000 Colfax Avenue. (I baked cookies and brownies for this meeting)
There are many reasons I am proud to be part of this Board, and many great accomplishments our Board has made on behalf of our Valley Village stakeholders. Please see the list below which details the many ways we’ve worked to make Valley Village even better for all our stakeholders.
I hope you will vote for all five incumbent Board members on March 20 – Tony Braswell, Ginny Hatfield, Steven Stokes, Marc Woersching and me. We are so grateful for your support.
Also, PLEASE feel free to forward this to as many people as you can – we need people to vote so that we can keep a strong and effective Board for the next four years.
If you need more information or have questions please don’t hesitate to call or email me.
ACCOMPLISHMENTS OF YOUR NCVV BOARD
• Coordinated $400,000 renovation of Valley Village Park
• Planted over 200 trees throughout Valley Village
• Graduated over 300 of our Valley Village neighbors in CERT training
• Supported our schools – Colfax, Walter Reed, North Hollywood High – with almost $20,000 in grants
• Added over 20 stops signs throughout our neighborhood
• Helped coordinate paving of more than 40 streets
• Hosted Mayor Eric Garcetti’s 2013 Listening Tour
• Hosted Candidate Forums for CD2, City Attorney, City Controller
• Hosted 2013 City Attorney Debate
• Sponsor – National Night Out
• Coordinating sponsor – Light Up Valley Village
• Sponsor – NCVV Movie Night Under The Stars
• Sponsor of 3 blood drives for Children’s Hospital LA
• Provide ongoing financial support for the VVHA 4th of July Parade
• Maintained responsible development through use of the Valley Village Specific Plan
• Published the Valley Village Design Guide for multi-family residential and commercial development
• Proud sponsor of the annual City of Los Angeles Congress of Neighborhoods
• Active participants in Valley Alliance of NCs and LA Alliance of NCs
Eric Garcetti will be appearing at the Sherman Oaks Homeowners meeting tonight. The meeting is held at Notre Dame High School and will begin at 7:15. For more information visit their website at http://shermanoaks914.com/
Don’t miss the quarterly meeting of the Valley Village Homeowners Association meeting tonight at Colfax Charter Auditorium, 7:00pm.
LAPD Senior Lead Officer Manny Arreygue will be there to update us on crime in our neighborhood and to answer your questions and concerns.
Don’t miss tonight’s Valley Village Homeowners meeting, 7:00 at Colfax Charter Auditorium. Council-member Paul Krekorian will be the key speaker.
Tonight’s Neighborhood Council Valley Village meeting is at 6:30 at Faith Presbyterian Church, 5000 Colfax Avenue. Hope to see you there.
Don’t miss the annual National Night Out event this evening at Valley Village Park, 6:30 p.m. Neighborhood Council Valley Village is hosting this event. Council-member Paul Krekorian will be attending this event and honoring the firefighters that responded to the tragic accident at the corner of Ben Avenue and Magnolia Blvd. More information can be found at http://cd2news.tumblr.com/post/57460253090/krekorian-to-participate-in-national-night-out-honor and http://www.myvalleyvillage.com/
Just a quick reminder that Neighborhood Council Valley Village is sponsoring a Family Movie Night this Saturday, July 20, gates open at 6:00pm and the movie, Wreck-It Ralph, starts at 8:15. More information can be found on the Neighborhood Council Valley Village website. http://www.myvalleyvillage.com/
Just a quick reminder that the Valley Village Homeowners Association meeting is tonight at Colfax Charter, 7:00 p.m.
Victor J. Gill, Director of Public Affairs and Communications will provide an update on the latest developments at Burbank Airport. For more information you can go the the VVHA Facebook page or their website. http://www.valleyvillageha.com/
Don’t forget to attend the Valley Village Homeowners July 4th parade tomorrow. This is the best event of the year. The parade starts at Colfax Charter School, 10:00a.m. and ends up at Valley Village Park. The VVHA serves refreshments and has door prizes. Hope to see you there!! http://www.myvalleyvillage.com/calendar_main.php?newstart_year=2013&newstart_month=07&newstart_day=03
It’s not too late to RSVP to attend the Eric Garcetti Back to Basics Listening Tour in Valley Village June 11th, 7:00 at 5000 Colfax Avenue. RSVP to 213-473-2367.
More information can be found at http://www.transition.lacity.org/index.htm